West Main Street Extension Project
Click here for the Minutes from the May 28th Meeting
The Village of Lancaster envisions the Central Business District as a vibrant, mixed-use destination providing opportunities for a “Shop, Stroll, Stay” experience for both residents and visitors. The West Main Street Extension Project represents a public realm investment that will stimulate this vision. This project includes these elements:
- 11 foot shared vehicle/bicycle travel lanes, 8 foot parallel parking lanes on both sides of the street, pedestrian components
- Street trees, light poles, landscape amenities (benches, planters)
- Wayfinding and interpretive signage
- Utility relocations and upgrades (including sanitary sewer, storm sewer, waterlines, gas lines)
- To view a street level view of the proposed West Main Street sections, (existing and new) please click here.