West Main Street Extension Project
Click play on the slideshow below!
West Main will open to vehicles in November 2020 with 2-way traffic along with parallel parking on either side of the road. West Main will continue down to the mini roundabout at Aurora Street to remove all current detours. The planting of trees & landscaping will be on hold until Spring 2021 so they can thrive in better weather! Construction for Phase 1 of the new buildings will begin in Spring 2021 on the North end of the extension. Walk our new extended sidewalks and Stroll the Village to Support Local!
The Village of Lancaster envisions the Central Business District as a vibrant, mixed-use destination providing opportunities for a “Shop, Stroll, Stay” experience for both residents and visitors. The West Main Street Extension Project represents a public realm investment that will stimulate this vision. This project includes these elements:
- 11 foot shared vehicle/bicycle travel lanes, 8 foot parallel parking lanes on both sides of the street, pedestrian components
- Street trees, light poles, landscape amenities (benches, planters)
- Wayfinding and interpretive signage
- Utility relocations and upgrades (including sanitary sewer, storm sewer, waterlines, gas lines)
- To view a street level view of the proposed West Main Street sections, (existing and new) please click here.